What is Online Learning?
Earning your degree through online learning can be a convenient way to go to school, but there's still a great deal of work involved, and it's not necessarily right for everyone.
For many adult students, it can be difficult to decide between on-campus courses and online courses, and for others the decision might be taken away from them by their circumstances.
There are some questions and situations you need to take into account before deciding that online learning is for you. First, take into consideration your professional and personal situation (e.g. will you need a baby-sitter for your children if you attend night classes at your local school?). Then consider the following questions:
- Am I disciplined and self-motivated?
- Am I comfortable navigating the Internet and using e-mail?
- Do I have the time to attend traditional classroom-based education?
- Am I able to learn and retain information from reading as equally as I can from listening to students talk in class?
- Is the subject I want to study offered via an online course?
- Would I like my learning experience to focus on me rather than my instructor's lectures?
- Am I interested in some of the potential advantages of online learning?
If you answered YES to more than half of the statements above, then online learning might be a great option for you to further your education.
Is SBBCollege right for you? Find out!
Take the SBBCollege Career Training Readiness Quiz. The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your career training readiness score now!
Get a catalog and more information …